You can find a wide range of stoves out there that are made for your home or office warm during winters. While different stoves use different fuel types like wooden logs, gases, and other things, a pellet stove is quite easy to use while offering characteristics similar to a wooden stove. But before buying a pellet stove, you need to consider the following recommendations:
- Heating Capacity: If you want a powerful pellet stove with high heat output, then you need to check its heating capacity. This heat or heating capacity is given in BTU and includes options like 35000 BTU or 50000 BTU that differs from model to model. In comparison with each other, a higher heating capacity is better for performance.
- Heating Area: You should also check the heating area rating of your pellet stove to get an idea about its performance. It tells you about the maximum area a pellet stove can effectively heat up. While some models are made for a 1500 square feet area, others might even heat up a 2800 square feet area that is ideal for larger spaces.
- Controls: Most of the pellet stoves out there come with multiple controls in the form of a thermostat, fan control, and other things. Some thermostats have 3-4 heat settings, while others have 6-7 heat settings. As for fan control, it allows you to change the blower speed for better heat convection while using a pellet stove.
As a pellet stove is so handy, you can find a wide range of options out there, including the best pellet stoves mentioned here in this article. To help you choose the perfect one, we have also provided their major features and options along with a detailed Buying Guide that can be helpful to easily select the perfect pellet stove after going through this article until the end.
- 1 4 Best Pellet Stoves
- 2 4 Best Pellet Stoves Reviews
- 3 Buying Guide For The Best Pellet Stove
- 4 Conclusion
4 Best Pellet Stoves
4 Best Pellet Stoves Reviews
1. Comfortbilt Pellet Stove
Comfortbilt is a brand of pellet stoves that is known for making highly powerful models that can be a great pick for heavy-duty usage during winters in large scale buildings.
The Comfortbilt Pellet Stove HP22 is present in the 1st position in this article as it is the most powerful option present in this article. You get the highest heating capacity of 50000 BTU with this pellet stove that is quite higher than most other options. Since you also get an equally high heating area of 2800 square feet, using this pellet stove in large scale buildings is quite easy.
Just like most other pellet stoves out there, this one also offers a 1-year long warranty that is quite decent, especially when combined with its great build quality. While the price tag is a bit on the higher side, the overall design with the glass window offered by this pellet stove is quite premium and should make a great pick for most users out there.
- Heating capacity of 50000 BTU
- Heating area of 2800 square feet
- Comes with a 1-year long warranty
- Most powerful pellet stove
- Great build quality
- Great looking glass window on the front
2. Castle Pellet Stoves
When compared with other options out there, Castle is a brand of pellet stove that is known for highly reliable options because of their durability and warranty that is quite high.
Castle’s 12327 Serenity Wood pellet stove is present in the 2nd position in this article as it is the most durable and reliable product present in this article. This one offers an excellent build quality to the user that is much stronger and better than others. Since it is also backed by a 5-year long warranty, you can expect it to last for a long time easily.
Talking about its performance, you get a decent heating capacity of 35000 BTU that is quite great for home use. Although, the heating area rating of 1500 square feet is a bit on the lower side as it leaves the user wanting more. As for its power consumption, it uses just 77 watts making it highly power efficient.
- Heating capacity of 35000 BTU
- Heating area of 1500 square feet
- Comes with a 5-year long warranty
- Excellent build quality
- Highly durable and reliable pellet stove
- High power efficiency
3. Pleasant Hearth Pellet Stove
Pleasant Hearth is one of the most popular options out there that has a wide range of stove products, which generally offer a pretty high user rating because of the various features that you get.
This Pleasant Hearth Medium pellet stove is present in the 3rd position in this article as it has a high user rating. You get a pretty decent heating capacity of 35000 BTU along with a great heating area rating of 1750 square feet that is quite good for most home usage needs. It can offer this an 85 percent EPA certified efficiency.
Just like most other options out there, this Pleasant Hearth pellet stove also offers a 1-year long warranty that is quite decent. Unfortunately, the build quality offered by this pellet stove is just average and could have been much better at the given price tag. A great thing about this pellet stove is that it offers a 5 setting thermostat for changing the temperature of your room quite easily.
- Heating capacity of 35000 BTU
- Heating area of 1750 square feet
- Comes with a 1-year long warranty
- Easy to use thermostat
- High efficiency
- Decent power rating
4. US Stove Company Pellet Stove
While US Stove Company is a lesser-known brand of pellet stoves compared to others, it offers some of the most unique features that offer a great user experience.
The US Stove 5660 Bay Front pellet stove offers some of the most unique features to the user. You get a 120 CFM air blower in this pellet stove that ensures that the heat produced by it gets evenly spread in your room. Since you also get a 6 heat setting thermostat in it, you can easily change the temperature according to your needs. It allows you to change these things using a digital control board along with an LED screen for ease of use.
As for its performance numbers, you get a pretty high heating capacity of 43900 BTU as well as a pretty high 2200 square feet. These things make this pellet stove more than enough for most users out there. You also get a pretty decent build quality with this pellet stove for reliability. Unfortunately, this pellet stove only offers a 30 days long warranty that is quite low compared to other options.
- Heating capacity of 43900 BTU
- Heating area of 2200 square feet
- Comes with a 30-day long warranty
- Quite high power rating
- Offers multiple control options
- Decent build quality
- Only a 30-day long warranty
Buying Guide For The Best Pellet Stove
There is a wide range of home appliances that can be used to keep yourself warm during winters. This also includes heating stoves that use different kinds of fuels like wooden logs, gases, and wooden pellets.
And since we have mentioned various best pellet stoves along with all their details like features and options, you must know a lot about them by now. But just in case that you want to know more, then this buying guide related to pellet stoves mentioned here is just for you. You can find a lot of important factors related to pellet stoves that will allow you to easily buy the perfect one after following this buying guide until the end:
1. Heating Capacity
One of the most important things that you should check before buying any kind of heating stove is its heating capacity. As you can tell by the name, the heating capacity of any given pellet stove simply tells you about the heating performance of any given pellet stove. This rating is given in BTU and includes options like 35000 BTU or 50000 BTU that varies from model to model.
Generally, a higher heating capacity rating is the better one for heating up your surroundings faster as well as to a higher temperature quite easily. And if you want to lower the heating capacity, you can simply use the controls as mentioned later on in this article.
2. Heating Area
Another factor that plays an important role in the performance offered by a given pellet stove is to check its heating area. This includes different heating area options like 1500 square feet, 2200 square feet, or even 2800 square feet heating area depending on the model that you get.
A higher heating area is the better one since it can be handy for easily heating up larger rooms or buildings during winters. While lower heating area ratings are ideal for smaller homes, larger area ratings can be handy in industrial spaces as well as for heavy-duty usage.
3. Power Consumption
If you are familiar with pellet stoves or have gone through this article and the various options mentioned here, then you must know a lot about pellet stoves by now. These simply use an electric burner for burning all of the wooden pellets that you feed inside it.
But since this electric burner is quite powerful, it has a decent power consumption that is something you should check to have a low power consumption rating. It includes options like 400 watt or 600-watt pellet stove depending on the model that you get. In comparison with each other, the lower rating of 400 watts is the better one since you will get lower consumption.
4. Size and Form Factor
One of the most common things that people leave out while finding the perfect pellet stove is the size and form factor of a given model. This is important as the size of a pellet stove ensures that you can fit a given model in your living room or anywhere else you want to place it. Generally, any pellet stove that is small and compact is considered to be the better one since you can place it almost anywhere in your home to heat up your surroundings during winters. A compact model also allows you to move it from one place to another if needed.
Just like any other heating appliance, using your pellet stove at full power is not a viable option since it can get pretty hot inside your room. Hence, almost all pellet stoves come with basic and even advanced controls in some cases. The most common thing that you can find most pellet stoves is a thermostat.
Such a thermostat allows you to change the temperature of your pellet stove via heat settings. While entry-level models have just 3 or 4 heat settings, better models offer 6-7 heat settings for better control on the heat output. You can also find fan controls in pellet stoves that come included with a blower fan for better heat convection.
If you are also buying a pellet stove, then the chances are that you would want it to last for a long time. Therefore, ensuring that it is reliable and durable enough is highly important. The first yet a highly important thing to check is the build quality. Any pellet stove that offers metal construction can easily last for a long time.
Other than this, checking the warranty offered by your pellet stove also makes a lot of sense. Usually, most pellet stoves are backed by a 1-year long warranty. But more reliable and durable options also offer a 5-year long warranty for peace of mind that can easily last for a long time.
A great thing about pellet stoves is that they are electric and quite easy to use since adding more wood pellets is quite easy. Since these pellets are made out of wood, you get very similar characteristics to that of a wooden stove. Hence, we have mentioned some of the best pellet stoves up above in this article.
You can also find their major features and options along with a detailed buying guide so that you can easily buy the perfect one. However, if you are still confused and cannot choose the correct pellet stove, consider buying one from our recommendations:
- The Comfortbilt pellet stove is the most powerful option present in this article that is ideal for heavy-duty usage. Its heating capacity of 50000 BTU is much higher than other pellet stoves and should be more than enough for most people. Since you get a high heating area rating of 2800 square feet, you can easily use it in large spaces.
- You should consider the Castle pellet stove if you want a highly durable and reliable option for home-usage. Other than offering a great build quality, you also get a 5-year long warranty with it that makes it highly reliable. As for its performance, it offers a decent heating capacity of 3500 BTU and a heating area capacity of 1500 square feet.
- US Stove’s company pellet stove is one of the only options out there that comes with a blower fan to distribute its heating capacity of 43900 BTU properly. You also get a pretty high heating area of 2200 square feet. While the warranty is just 30 days long, the build quality offered by this pellet stove is quite decent.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!