It can get really cold in almost all parts of the country, and a portable heater is more than just a luxury at this point. You must have an indoor propane heater with you in such weather so that it will keep you warm and comfortable even in the coldest time of the year. These space heaters are the best options for indoor as well as outdoor heating.
Such heaters are highly popular in the market, especially amongst those users that prefer portability in all of their devices. Due to high popularity, many different brands manufacture it. As a result, you can get a lot of options when you want to buy one, and it can get very difficult to choose one amongst them. Here are some key features that define indoor propane heaters:
- Heating Capacity: Each heater is rated with a certain heating capacity. This heating capacity is generally mentioned in the BTU (British Thermal Unit). As the BTU rating goes higher, the heating capacity is increased.
- Size: The size factor has a major impact on the overall portability as well as the storage of the heater. The size must be a perfect fit, according to your requirements. Otherwise, you might run into problems such as no storage space or congested installation.
- Reliability: Reliability is an important factor in generally every fuel-powered apparatus. As there is a high chance of failure in critical parts of the machine, you must make sure that every part has high durability. The easiest way to make sure of that is to check the warranty on the product.
Today, we will talk about the best indoor propane heaters available for you. Here, we will provide you with detailed information about each heater along with its pros and cons so that you can easily distinguish between various options easily.
Also, we will be giving a detailed Buying Guide to make it easier for you to get the best product for yourself. Therefore, make sure you do not miss out on anything important by reading the article until the end.
- 1 6 Best Indoor Propane Heater
- 2 6 Best Indoor Propane Heater Reviews
- 3 Buying Guide For The Best Indoor Propane Heater
- 4 Conclusion
6 Best Indoor Propane Heater
6 Best Indoor Propane Heater Reviews
1. Martin Propane Wall Heater
Martin is a very premium brand that can surely provide you a long life option. Here is an indoor propane heater from Martin.
In The 1st position, we have a premium option from Martin. It is an 80000 BTU machine that is specially designed for indoor usage as it can be wall-mounted. It is a direct vent wall heater with a built-in thermostat that lets you monitor the heat dispersion precisely. The thermostat also has a low and high adjustment for maintaining the heating intensity.
The direct vent gas heating technology provides a safe and clean energy output, which is economical in the long run. The installation is also not that difficult as you have to connect the heater to a gas fitter simply and it is good to go. The heating grills are made up of die-cast aluminum for high build quality with a glass-ceramic window for safety. It has 1 year of warranty period from the manufacturer.
- 80000 BTU heating capacity
- Designed for indoor usage
- Can be wall mounted
- Direct vent wall heater
- Built-in thermostat
- You can monitor heat dispersion
- Low and high adjustment for thermostat
- Direct vent gas heating technology for safety
- Die-cast aluminum grills
- Glass-ceramic window for safety
- 1-year warranty
- Premium build quality
- Best option for wall mounting
- Price tag is very high
- Warranty period is short regarding the price tag
2. Mr. Heater Portable Propane Heater
Mr.Heater is a lesser-known name in the market. But, it has a highly portable indoor propane heater mentioned below.
Mr. Heater Corporation MH18B Portable Propane Heater is our 2nd recommendation on our list of the best indoor propane heaters. It has a very high heating capacity of 18000 BTU that can be adjusted into 3 stages that are 4000, 9000, and 18000 BTU. You can use this heater to heat up to 450 square feet without any problem. It has 3 different heating adjustments that are low, medium, and high that are needed according to different weather throughout the year.
The automatic low oxygen shut off system turns off the system in case there is a lack of oxygen in the surrounding. There is another safety feature that is the accidental tip-over safety shut off that will turn off the device to prevent any unfortunate accident. To start up the unit, simply push and rotate the knob according to your requirement, and it’s that easy. You can see 2 swivel regulators as well that will allow you to use remote gas supply from a single hose and filter. It also has a 1-year warranty that is pretty good for the price range.
- Compact option
- 18000 BTU maximum heating capacity
- 3 stage heating adjustment
- 4000, 9000, and 18000 BTU settings
- Heats up to 450 square feet
- Low, medium and high heating available
- Automatic low oxygen shut off system
- Accidental tip-over safety shut off system
- Safe to use
- Easy to use with just 1 knob
- 2 swivel regulators
- 1-year warranty
- Compact and portable option
- High heating capacity
- Heating area is small
- Not suitable for bigger rooms
3. Dyna-Glo Propane Heater
Dyna Glo is known for its value for money options. You can get a similar indoor propane heater from Dyna Glo.
In the 3rd position, we have an all-around value for money option from Dyna Glo. The Dyna-Glo IR12PMDG-1 has up to 12000 BTU maximum heating capacity while the device is liquid propane ready. The heating takes place via the infrared technology that works by radiating heat towards outside via the heating grills. You will get 2 heating adjustment options that are 6000 and 12000 BTU, respectively.
It is capable of heating up to 300 square feet area while the heating settings can be adjusted via the control knob in the back. Also, it does not require any external supply whatsoever to operate. Hence, it can be a great companion in case of a power cut. You can also get an optional fan from the market that increases the heating range. It has 1 year of the warranty period from Dyna Glo.
- 12000 BTU maximum heating capacity
- Liquid propane ready heater
- Infrared technology for heating
- Heating grills on front
- 2 heating adjustment options
- 6000 and 12000 BTU working modes
- Capable of heating up to 300 square feet area
- Adjustment knob in the back
- Does not require any external supply
- Optional fan available to increase heating area
- 1-year warranty
- A backup option in case of power outage
- Great heating capacity
- Heating area is very small
- Needs external accessory to increase heating area
4. Dura Heat Propane Heater
Dura Heat is popular for its affordable as well as compact options. They have a similar indoor propane heater in their lineup.
Next up, we have the most compact option from our list. The Dura Heat TT-360 is a small yet highly capable indoor propane heater. It has a wide heating area of up to 1000 square feet. Still, it is very safe to use as it has the built-in tip-over shut off feature that prevents any accidents that might be caused due to improper positioning. It is the best option only for indoors as it does not perform as well in the windy outdoor conditions.
It has a match light ignition system that prevents auto turn on or accidental turn on. You can quickly connect this propane heater with any tank because of the L tank connection. The outer body has a resistant chrome emitter guard that does not allow rust formation that might cause performance decrease over time. It has 1 year of warranty period from Dura Heat.
- Most compact option
- Highly capable indoor propane heater
- Wide heating area of up to 1000 square feet
- Safe to use
- Built-in tip-over shut off feature
- Match light ignition system
- Quick connect L tank connection
- Resistant chrome emitter guard on the body
- Does not get rust easily
- 1-year warranty
- Very compact heater
- Very wide heating area
- Propane tank sold separately
- Cannot perform in windy conditions
5. Dewalt Propane Heater
Dewalt is highly popular for their heavy-duty power tools and accessories. Here is a similar indoor propane heater from Dewalt.
Here, we have a heavy-duty propane heater from Dewalt that can be ideal for indoors as well as outdoor site work. As it has a massive heating capacity of up to 68000 BTU, it can definitely warm up the surroundings even on the coldest nights of winter. It has a stainless steel body that provides it a very durable build quality. There is an electrostatic powder-coated finish on the top of the steel body for an extra layer of protection. You don’t have to worry about any noise as it has a special quite burning technology that makes it up to 50% quieter than other options.
As it is a cordless indoor propane heater, it requires a single 20 volts battery that you need to purchase separately. Although you will not have to purchase the battery again because it is a rechargeable battery. The heat rate can be adjusted via the adjustment valve anywhere between 27000 BTU to 68000 BTU. It has a maximum temperature limit for a safer operation. It is backed by 2 years of warranty from Dewalt, making it the most reliable option.
- Heavy-duty option
- Most reliable option
- Ideal for indoors as well as outdoor site work
- 68000 BTU heating capacity
- Stainless steel body
- Durable build quality
- Electrostatic powder-coated finish
- Quite burning technology
- 50% quieter than other options
- Cordless indoor propane heater
- Runs on 20 volts battery
- Rechargeable battery
- Heat adjustment valve
- 27000 BTU to 68000 BTU heat adjustment available
- Maximum temperature limit for safety
- 2-year warranty
- Durable option
- Heating capacity is very high
- Heating area is not defined
- Not suitable for smaller rooms
6. Procom Heating Propane Heater
You probably have not heard about ProCom before. But it is surely worth checking out their heavy-duty indoor propane heater.
In the end, we have another indoor propane heater that can be mounted on a wall for the best installation. The ProCom ML1PHG is a ventless infrared plaque heater that has a heating capacity of 10000 BTU. As the product is assembled in the USA, you can expect high-quality parts being used for manufacturing. This liquid propane gas-operated heater can provide heating around 500 square feet.
You can have full manual control over the heating with the help of on/off switch on the top. This will prevent any mishap due to automatic usage. It is rated for up to 99.9% efficiency with vent free gas burning as you will not need any outside duct or chimney for exhaust. It has a built-in pilot oxygen depletion sensor for the maximum safety of users. You will be getting a year of warranty on this heater.
- 10000 BTU heating capacity
- Infrared plaque heater
- Assembled in the USA
- High-quality parts being used for manufacturing
- Liquid propane gas-operated heater
- 500 square feet heating area
- Full manual control
- Safe to operate
- 9% efficiency with vent free gas burning
- No duct or chimney required
- Built-in pilot oxygen depletion sensor
- 1-year warranty
- Oxygen depletion sensor is great as it is a ventless heater
- High build quality
- Heating capacity is moderate
- Heating is not adjustable
Buying Guide For The Best Indoor Propane Heater
As you may have observed, there are a couple of properties that are repeated for each product but have a different value, such the size, heating capacity, portability, etc. To get the most suited product for your job, you need to analyze all of these features and get the most optimum option for yourself.
As it is not a very easy task, we are helping you with that via our buying guide given below. This buying guide contains each of those important parameters and their necessity regarding various applications. Hence, you can easily prioritize the features that you need the most and get the perfect heater accordingly. Therefore, we will suggest you read the buying guide completely before finalizing your purchase. Here are the key aspects of an indoor propane heater that should keep in mind before buying one:
1. Overall Heating Capacity
As the main aim of an indoor propane heater is to heat up a room, the heating capacity plays an important role. The heating capacity is generally given in the BTU, generally known as the British thermal unit.
In our list of the best indoor propane heaters, you can find the heating capacity varying from 8000 BTU up to 68000 BTU. Hence, there is certainly one or two options that are best suited for your needs. Also, make sure you consider the heating area as well as that also affects the heating capacity.
The size is an important factor as it is an indoor device. Similarly to many indoor devices, you should be considering as compact a device as possible as it saves a lot of space in the room and does not clutter your storage area.
But, the smaller devices generally lack power. Hence, you need to go with a bigger option if you require a higher power output. Therefore, before confirming your choice, make sure you check out the power requirement as well as the space available in the room to get a perfect size.
The portability becomes a necessary feature if you wish to use the indoor propane heater in several different locations. There can be different locations inside the same house, such as a living room, sleeping room, kitchen, etc. Or, you might have to carry it around on your job site for a controlled work environment.
You can also look at it as a heating device for camping if you are planning a trip in cold weather. The portability is largely affected by the size and weight of the heater. A large-sized device will not fit, whereas a heavier option will be difficult to carry.
An indoor propane heater consists of many critical parts that can fail and make the entire heater incompatible or straight up useless. To make sure your indoor heater does not fail for a long time, you need to confirm its reliability.
The reliability is largely dependent on the build quality and the quality of parts used for manufacturing the heater. As it is not possible to check the durability of each part physically, you can simply take a look at the warranty period allotted by the manufacturer. In this warranty period, you can get the failed parts repaired or even replaced for free of cost.
A decent indoor propane heater can be a lifesaver in terms of providing warmth and comfortable sleep in the cold nights of winter. You will not find anything more relaxing than a warm, open fire in the winter. The indoor propane heater will give you a similar experience with much less investment and with a high safety factor. As there are many options available for a propane heater, it can get a little confusing while choosing one option amongst all.
Hence, we have drafted this article about the best indoor propane heaters on the market. You can read about the indoor propane heaters and easily decide which one is the best option for you. We are also providing a buying guide to help you along the process. But, here are our top recommendations in case you want a little extra help in deciding the perfect option:
- Flirt, we will recommend you the Dura Heat propane heater as it is marginally affordable as compared to other options from our list. Even at the cheaper piece tag, it offers up to 1000 square feet. It is also the most portable option on our list as it weighs only 4 lbs, excluding the propane tank.
- Although, if you are looking for a heavy-duty option, then Dewalt propane heater is the best option for you. With a huge heating capacity of up to 68000 BTU, it can be easily used for any professional work. It is backed by 2 years of warranty from Dewalt.
- But, if you want a propane heater that can be fitted in a wall, then you should go with the Martin Propane Wall Heater. It is the most premium option on our list with 8000 BTU heating capacity and 1 year of warranty from Martin.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!